Use Dr. Fixit Pidifin 2k, a two component waterproof coating for overhead water tanks. The benefits are:
- A heavy duty waterproof coating
- Safe to be used for storing drinking water
- Life expectancy for 5 years
A cement slurry is supposedly used to waterproof the tank which temporarily arrests the leakage from cracks & joints.
Use Dr. Fixit Pidifin 2k, a two component waterproof coating for overhead water tanks.
What is the need for Water Tanks waterproofing?
Seepage and leakage from overhead and underground tanks spoils the décor, helps growth of algae and fungus and leads to weakening of the structure. Such areas hence need to be waterproofed but also at the same time safe for potable water.
Dr. Fixit Pidicrete URP & Dr. Fixit Fastflex
- Surface to be treated should be clean and free from dirt, oil and other loose material
- Concrete or masonry surfaces should be fully cured prior to application
- All surface cracks, undulations and voids must be repaired appropriately before application
- Properly grout all construction joints using polymer modified mortar using Dr. Fixit Pidicrete URP
- Surface to be treated with Dr. Fixit Fastflex must be in saturated surface dry condition prior to application
Q. Can we use a waterproofing product inside the water tank? Will it hamper the taste and the potability of water?
To waterproof the water tank from inside, we recommend using Dr. Fixit Pidifin 2K, an acrylic cementitious waterproof coating OR Dr. Fixit Dampguard, a 2component epoxy waterproof coating. They are completely safe to use with drinking water also, as it has been approved by CFTRI, Mysore for its potabilty.