Advantages of Waterproofing
Everyone dreams of owning a house of their own. While this dream may come true for many, it brings along long-term problems at times, ultimately affecting the life of the overall construction. Waterproofing is one of the most critical yet neglected concerns due to its less exposure to concrete technology. Avoiding it will increase the issue and leave your wall damp. Hence, waterproofing your home in the initial stage of construction is the best option.
Here are some of the reasons why waterproofing is beneficial:
- Waterproofing helps strengthen the structure and prolongs the lifespan of buildings by limiting the ways liquid and moisture can enter. Carrying out waterproofing can avoid damage such as corrosion, deterioration, and mold formation.
- Waterproofing concrete is not just about ensuring the durability of structures but also helps in preventing health problems. Moisture leads to the formation of mold growth, and these micro-organisms can cause serious health issues.
- Water leakage can lead to some serious and expensive damage control. Thus, carrying out waterproofing measures is a cost-efficient solution to save on future repairs.
- Concrete waterproofing systems can prevent structural damage from water seepage. It maintains the aesthetic look and values to the structure.
Main Points that Require Waterproofing
Some of the main reasons why a construction faces leakage issues is due to the usage of low-quality workmanship, climatic changes, and improper construction techniques. In any house, five main points require waterproofing measures. They include the roof, foundation, columns & beams, and the exterior walls.
A house will be completely waterproof if these five points are waterproofed and cared for. To understand why these entry points, require waterproofing, here are some of the factors that cause water damage to these main points.
- Roof Waterproofing – The roof is one of the places in a home that is the most susceptible to leakages. The two primary reasons that can cause a roof leak is rainfall and accumulation of water that tends to leak over time. Moreover, temperature changes and wear & tear can cause cracks, hence leading to water damage and dampness. Thus, terrace or roof waterproofing is one of the essential steps.
- Foundation Waterproofing – Foundation is one of the most critical areas. The rise in groundwater leads to dampness in the adjoining areas of the walls. When conducting foundation waterproofing, one must consider the topographical and geographical conditions of the area.
- Exterior Wall Waterproofing – The external walls of a home face leakage issues due to rains, moisture, and temperature changes, which eventually lead to cracks and damp patches. To prevent such problems from rising on the exterior wall, it is best to carry out waterproofing during the construction stage.
- Waterproofing for Internal Wet Areas (Bathroom, Kitchens and Balconies) – Areas like these are exposed to water for 365 days, causing seepage and peeling of paint on internal walls. This is one of the most pertinent issues faced by the consumers during repairs of an existing home. Therefore, it is important to undertake proactive waterproofing measures at the construction stage.
- Columns and Beams Strengthening – One of the most important parts of a home are the columns and beams that require strength. A healthy home ensures the longevity of the construction. Thus, it is important to carry out columns and beams strengthening in a home by using the correct waterproofing solutions.
Basic Types of Waterproofing Methods
Carrying out the method of waterproofing helps increase the value of a home, prevents unwanted moisture from seeping into walls, and stops molds from growing. While different contractors may carry out waterproofing with various waterproofing chemicals and waterproofing materials, some of the most basic types of waterproofing methods include the following:
- Cementitious Waterproofing – Cementitious waterproofing technique is used for wet areas such as bathrooms. This is a semi-flexible type of waterproofing and is not exposed to sunlight.
- Brickbat Coba Waterproofing – Brickbat Coba waterproofing method is useful to seal cracks and water leakages. Unlike other waterproofing materials, this method hides untidy marks and provides aesthetically appealing coverage using materials like tiles.
- Polyurethane Liquid Membrane Waterproofing – This is an expensive method and is not used frequently. This waterproofing method is carefully applied to avoid peeling after some time. It is mostly used for roof or terrace, and the areas exposed to weathering.
Choose Dr.Fixit Waterproofing Solutions for Best Results
Dr.Fixit Waterproofing is one of the leading businesses in the construction chemical industry and delivers best-in-class waterproofing solutions for building and repairing homes. With over a decade of producing high-quality products and services, Dr.Fixit has put a smile on the face of many customers by ensuring their house is waterproofing by expert waterproofing solutions. Dr.Fixit also provides comprehensive system solutions for waterproofing a new home or repairing an existing one.
Dr.Fixits’ waterproofing products comprise of a variety of repair waterproofing solutions and new construction products, suitable for areas like the basement, foundation, roof, terrace, external or internal walls, bathrooms, and other areas in a home that are exposed to water. Each of these waterproofing products have been composed at brilliant centres, by employing advanced manufacturing facilities and the expertise of trained professionals. Additionally, Dr.Fixit waterproofing company also offers an extensive range of innovative construction waterproofing chemicals, sealants, coatings, and building repairs.
Dr.Fixit Waterproofing Products
Dr.Fixit by Pidilite offers a number of waterproofing products that help prevent water from seeping in from different areas of the home. There are many waterproofing products offered by Dr.Fixit that can be used based on the area that requires waterproofing. For when roof waterproofing is required, Dr.Fixit Roofseal range of solutions works as the right material for new homeowners. Similarly, bathroom waterproofing products such as Dr.Fixit Bathseal is one of the best, and most opted for waterproofing materials in the market. Dr.Fixit Raincoat can be used on external walls for waterproofing and decorative purposes. It is twice as thick as regular paint and resistant to fungus and algae. Further, Dr.Fixit Raincoat is also a high-performance waterproofing coating for all types of externally plastered and concrete rain lashed walls. When it comes to fixing those tedious cracks, Dr.Fixit Crack-X range of products can be used for all coated surfaces for internal and external cracks.
For roofs, opt for varied solutions under the NewCoat range which provides both waterproofing and insulation benefits. Similarly, in our repair range, we provide Dr.Fixit DampGuard Classic which effectively treats internal wall dampness.
In conclusion, water leakage is a problem faced by all new and existing homeowners. One of the best steps to prevent such an issue is with proper waterproofing techniques. Dr.Fixit has a wide range of solutions for every aspect and provides professional help that assists you in choosing the right solutions and adopt the correct application methodology. Try Dr.Fixit waterproofing solutions today and enjoy a leak-free home!