Home renovation ideas can be harder to find than general décor ideas, don’t you agree? Across the internet, articles are written with the assumption that your home is a blank canvas and you can transform it however you please. But for long term home owners, that is simply not the case. Long term home owners are often looking for renovation or décor ideas that can easily incorporate their existing floor plans, hardware or furniture to create something that new. Well, the search for great home renovation ideas and tips ends here. In this article, we will discuss some useful home renovation ideas that can be implemented with minimal fuss, accommodating a variety of budgets so that you do not have to sacrifice your vision.
How Small Changes can Make a Huge Impact:
When it comes to residential renovations, you don’t always have to go big. Sometimes the smallest changes can have a huge impact. Here are our favourite small and unique home renovation ideas to help you make the most of your existing space.
- Focus on the doorway:The entryway of the home is an easily neglected space, but it is the first thing that visitors see. It sets the tone for what to expect within your home and when executed well, can help you make a stellar impression on your guests. Paint your doorway in a pleasant colour. Place some beautiful potted greens by the door. Add a large door knocker to make a statement and you have an inviting entry.
- Re-upholster your furniture:Sometimes you want a change but don’t really want to make massive new purchases. In that case, the easiest way to give your home a makeover is by re-upholstering your furniture. This is one small change that can completely transform a room.
- Paint the rooms:This is the basic step in any renovation. Sometimes all you really need is a fresh coat of paint on the wall to reinvigorate the home. Choose some bright colours to add some cheer to a dreary space, or a simple white or beige for timeless elegance. You could also consider an accent wall or textured paint for greater impact. These can make your home look young and contemporary.
- De-clutterThis is not a renovation idea per se but is the easiest way to give your home a makeover. Simply get rid of all the unnecessary furniture or knick-knacks that you have accumulated over the years. Then re-decorate your home keeping a single aesthetic in mind so that all the rooms are in harmony with each other.
- Re-imagine your home with these renovation ideas:Of course sometimes small changes just won’t cut it. In this case it is time to go in for a full scale renovation or even in some cases remodelling the home. Here are some great ideas to help get you started.
- Remodel the exterior:Remodelling the exterior helps you give your house a completely new character. It could be as simple as adding a porch or even installing a backyard pool. You could also consider smaller changes like landscaping your yard or creating a Zen garden. If you have children at home, consider installing a special outdoor play area just for them.
- Open up the bathroom:Creating a larger open plan bathroom is a great way to create a relaxing ambience in what is usually the smallest room in the home. Consider removing the shower cubicle altogether for a breezier bathroom. Alternately, add a bathtub if you’ve been dreaming of getting one for years. Re-tile the bathroom in soothing shades for some quiet elegance and add wooden accents for a little bit of warmth.
Don’t forget to change the fixtures in your bathroom for a new and improved look. Consider a metallic finish for a little bit of glamour.
- The Kitchen Makeover:Changing the kitchen cabinets is by far the most effective kitchen renovation idea . Changing the cabinets both inside and outside allow you to utilise space more efficiently while upgrading the kitchen seamlessly. Use plain solid colours for consistency. Contrast this with new countertops in coloured granite for a kitchen that is pretty and utilitarian.
- An Inviting Bedroom:Your bedroom is your sanctuary so renovating this room is a great opportunity to create a space that speaks to you. Assess the structure first to understand what bedroom renovating ideas will work well in the space. Consider a skylight for a little romance or perhaps a platform bed for a simple aesthetic. Of course, creating a walk in closet is a great way to add some luxury to a simple room.In the bedroom it is important to keep things as simple as possible. Once you are finished with the structural changes, assess your furniture to decide what works in your new space and what doesn’t. Choose your favourite furniture and combine it with some new functional pieces to transform the room completely.
When you consider home renovation ideas it is important to demarcate what you wish to spend your money on. You could choose to focus on furniture and décor or just structural changes alone. Creating this priority list will ensure you spend every penny wisely in your quest to create a beautiful home. For more ideas, take a look at our blogs to make the most of your home renovation. From décor to waterproofing tips and more, you will find exactly what you need to bring your dream home to life.